- Pages Free Download
- Download Pages For Mac Free Download Windows 7
- Download Pages On Mac For Free
- Download Pages For Mac Free Download Windows 10
- Apple Pages Download For Mac
Pages User Guide for Mac. 4.6. 16 Ratings; Publisher Description. Here’s everything you need to know about Pages for Mac, straight from Apple. This definitive guide helps you create beautiful documents and interactive books with photos, galleries, charts, customizable shapes,. Global Nav Open Menu Global Nav Close Menu; Apple; Shopping Bag +.
Oct 13, 2020 • Filed to: Windows Computer Solutions • Proven solutions
In 2017, Apple made the iWork available for free for its computers and devices. It opened the door for a lot of users. If you use both Mac and Windows computers at home and work, you may need to open Apple pages files on your Windows PC. By default, a Pages file is saved as a Pages format file with a '.pages' file format. The file extension is typically invisible to the Mac user, but if you send a Pages file on a Windows computer, the .pages extension is visible. If you try to open a Pages file on your Windows PC using MS Word, you will find out that it does not recognize the format '.pages.' Here you will learn how to open Pages documents on Windows PC.
Part 1. How to Open and Edit Pages Files on Windows:
Pages are Apple's word processor software similar to Microsoft Word on Windows. Pages files are saved on the computer as '.pages' extension. It is a part of Apple's iWork productivity suite. It runs on the macOS and iOS operating systems. Pages were released on February 11, 2005. Upon opening the Pages app, it asks you to choose a pre-designed template. It features templates such as basic, report, résumé, letter, business card, posters, cards, and newsletter. The Pages application can open and edit Microsoft Word documents. It can also edit Office Open XML files and plain text documents. Pages can also export reports in the DOC, PDF, and ePub formats.
The latest version 8.0 was released on March 28, 2019. The most recent update offers a new table of contents view, which allows the user to navigate a document or book easily. It also features Chinese, Japanese, and Korean languages, where one can type vertically in the entire text of the File.
1. How to Open Pages File on Windows 10?
When you try to open an Apple Pages file in Microsoft Word, you'll see a dialog box. Follow the step below to open a pages file on Windows.
- Click on OK.
- Another dialog box will appear, Click on Yes.
- Click on OK to end this process.
- You can view the contents of the Pages file by changing the extension of the File to '.Zip'.
Make sure you have your file extensions visible in Windows so you can change the Extension of the pages document.
- Open Windows Explorer on your computer.
- Click on View.
- Click on Options
- Click on Change Folder and Search Options.
- Click on View.
- Uncheck Hide extensions for known file types.
- Click on Apply.
- Change the Extension of the pages file.
- Click on Yes.
- Use any Zip extraction software to extract the File.
- You will find several image files, click on the most extensive File.
- You will be able to view the File on a photo app or by inserting it on MS Word.
- You won't be able to edit this particular File on MS Word.
2. How to Edit Pages file on Windows 10?
Opening and editing a pages file on Windows is not as easy as double-clicking a random file. In the above section, we discussed how to view and open a pages file on Windows. In this section, we will discuss how to edit the said File. If you have access to an Apple ID and a web browser like Google Chrome, then there's a way to open and edit pages files on Windows. Here are the steps:
- Open a Web Browser of your choice.
- Enter iCloud.com on your browser.
- Sign in using your Apple ID, create a new account if you do not already have one.
- Select the Pages icon.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- Click on Upload Document.
- You can open and edit the pages file directly in your browser.
- You can now open and edit your File on Windows.
Part 2. How to Convert Pages to Microsoft Office Documents on Your Mac?
Now that you have learned how to open and edit .pages files on a Windows PC, It is worth mentioning that you should always save a copy of your Pages File to other formats like '.Doc or.Pdf' while you are using a Mac computer. Here are the steps to save a .docx or .doc file in Pages for Mac.
- Open the File you'd like to convert to MS Word file in Pages for Mac.
- Click on File.
- Click on Export to.
- Click on Word.
- An Export window will open.
- Select the format of the File.
- Click on Next; you will be asked to name the File.
- Select the Destination; your File will be saved.
Part 3. How to Convert Pages to Microsoft Office Documents Using iCloud?
iCloud is a cloud storage service created by Apple Inc. Cloud storage allows digital data to be stored in logical pools. iCloud enables the user to store data like documents, photos, and music on remote servers for download to iOS, macOS, or Windows devices. It also allows those files to be shared and sent to other users.
You can also upload and convert the Apple Pages file to MS word and other files with iCloud. You'll need an iCloud account for this to work. You do not have to own a Mac or any Apple device to use iCloud and Pages. If you have a legitimate email address, then you can quickly sign up for an account and use the program. Here are the steps to Change Pages to Microsoft Office Documents Using iCloud:
- Head to icloud.com from your browser.
- Sign in with your account or create a new one.
- You may have to first verify your identity over SMS or email to gain access to full features of the iCloud program.
- Click on the Pages icon; The pages interface will open.
- To perform the conversion, double-click on the File you want to open and convert.
- Click on the wrench icon at the top of the screen.
- Click 'Download a Copy.'
- Choose which format you want to download the File.
- Click on Word.
- You will be asked to name the File.
- Click on Save to store the File.
- Your new Word document will appear on your computer.
- You can follow this procedure on Both your Mac and Windows PC.
Part 4. How to Recover Data from Formatted Hard Drive?
Your data is vulnerable when you transfer it from one place to another through an external memory source. The drive could get corrupted, or the computer might fail to read the disk altogether. Such type of error usually occurs when your external hard drive is exposed to some malware, or you fail to eject your disk correctly. You will not be able to access the data inside if such a problem occurs. It might lead to the deletion of your precious files. You can recover the data by running it through a data recovery software.
- How Does a Recovery Tool Works?
When you delete data on your computer the first place it goes is to the recycle bin. After emptying the recycle bin, it becomes difficult to access the deleted files. When you 'delete' a file, the computer's file system eliminates the path to access that file. It also offers the storage that the file was using before being deleted to be available for future use. The binary numbers(1 and 0) that make up the file still live on inside your computer's processing unit. It remains hidden until they are overwritten with another file. Parts of the file may stay on your hard drive for years, while other traces may be replaced within a few minutes.
Pages Free Download
- Recoverit by Wondershare:
Developed by Wondershare, Recoverit Mac Data Recovery is the most useful recovery software for users across the world. It provides secure and fast features with an instant preview of lost data after a complete scan of your external memory source.
It offers a high recovery rate of more than 95%. It recovers documents and photos from all type of file formats which includes: Docx, pages, JPEG, PNG, GIF, avi, MP3, MPEG exFAT, FAT, HFS, NTFS, and much more. Please follow our guide to download Recoverit on your systems.
- To use the tool, you are required to download it on your computer from the official website of Wondershare.
- After downloading the app, click on the icon, and install it.
- After successfully installing the software, click on the app icon to run it.
1. Pick the Location:
After launching the Recoverit Mac data recovery software, follow these steps:
- Select the 'Location' where data was deleted or lost.
- Click the 'Start' button to initiate the process.
2. Scanning for Lost Data:
- Data scanning will start in Recoverit.
- Scanning will take time to finish the process as it entirely depends on the file size.
- After the scan, you will find the results on the program's preview window.
- A scan completion pop up will appear on the screen.
- The Pop-up will display the number of files recovered.
3. Recover the Lost Data:
- The recovered files will be displayed on the Recoverit window.
- You can select the files by previewing the lost documents using the preview feature.
- Click on the 'Recover' button after following the procedure to get the data back.
It is a shame that Apple does not offer the iWork suite on Windows. Having to view and edit different files across several platforms can be unavoidable in some situations. That is the case when you need to open .pages documents on your Windows PC. This article will help you in dealing with this kind of issue. It is essential to create a back up for your files and save the data in different formats before performing any procedure. You can freely use the method that fits you the best. If in any case, your data is formatted or lost, then you can quickly recover the formatted data by using Recoverit Recovery Software.Related
What's the Difference Between APFS& Mac OS Extended (HFS+) and ExFAT
How to Solve the Issue of Mouse Scroll Wheel not working in Windows and MAC
How to Skip Converting to APFS When Installing macOS High Sierra
How to Recover Lost Data from APFS Volume on Mac
- Win System Crash
- Windows Tips
- Computer Problems
- Blue Screen Errors
Pages is a powerful word processor that lets you create stunning documents, and comes included with most Apple devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team can work together from anywhere, whether they’re on Mac, iPad, iPhone, or using a PC.
Download Pages For Mac Free Download Windows 7
From the start, Pages places you in the perfect creative environment. It puts all the right tools in all the right places, so it’s easy to choose a look, customize fonts, personalize text styles, and add beautiful graphics. And everyone collaborating on a document has access to the same powerful features.
Start with something beautiful.
Choose from over 70 beautiful Apple‑designed templates, and customize your reports, letters, and other documents any way you like. And, if you’ve ever dreamed of writing a book or fairy tale, it’s easy to create interactive stories right inside Pages.
Make progress you can see.
Track changes, add highlights, and have threaded conversations with your team. Your edits are saved automatically.
Stunning results. Effortlessly.
Liven up your text by filling it with color gradients or images. And, take the entire page to the next level by adding photos, galleries, audio clips, video, math equations, charts, or more than 700 customizable shapes.
What’s new in Pages.New
Turn handwriting into text. Magically.
With Scribble and Apple Pencil, your handwritten words will automatically be converted to typed text. Take notes, write a book, or annotate a paper fast and easy.New
Write reports easier.
With new report templates, there’s no staring at a blank page. Jump start an essay, research paper, or school report by choosing from one of the 3 new templates.
Skim through in style.
Now, on your iPhone and iPad, you can read through your document, zoom in and out, and interact with it — without accidentally changing anything.
Play videos right in your documents.
Play YouTube and Vimeo videos right in Pages, without the need to open a web browser. Simply add a link, and play your web video inside your document or book.
You don’t work in one place on just one device. The same goes for Pages. Work seamlessly across all your Apple devices. The documents you create using a Mac or iPad will look the same on an iPhone or web browser — and vice versa.
You can also work on documents stored on iCloud or Box using a PC.
Work together in the same document, from across town or across the world. You can see your team’s edits as they make them — and they can watch as you make yours, too. Just click the Collaborate button and invite people to join.
Use Apple Pencil on your iPad to sketch, illustrate, and create documents. Draw and fine-tune your idea, then press play to watch each stroke animate onto the page. Plus, with Smart Annotation, your edits stay with the marked-up text, making it easy for you and your team to incorporate changes.
Download Pages On Mac For Free
Teaming up with someone who uses Microsoft Word? Pages makes it simple. You can save Pages documents as Word files. Or import and edit Word documents right in Pages.
Download Pages For Mac Free Download Windows 10Learn more about Numbers
Apple Pages Download For Mac
Build stunning, memorable