You can create a video chat room via Facebook or the Messenger app and invite up to 50 people to join a video call - even if they don't have a Facebook account. There are no time limits on calls. Video calling on Facebook works on your Windows or Mac computer with the latest version of the following browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer (only 32-bit), Google Chrome, Opera. Facebook Video Calling. Sometimes an emoticon just isn't enough. With face-to-face video calling, now you can watch your friends smile, wink and LOL. Download video calling to facebook for free. Communication downloads - Facebook Video Calling by Skype Limited and many more programs are available for instant and free download. Video Calling on FB is on Facebook. To connect with Video Calling on FB, join Facebook today.
It’s now possible to make Facebook Video Calls on a Chromebook out of the box, no plugin download or workaround needed.
A recent change in the way the Facebook video calling feature works means Chrome OS users can make and receive webcam chats with friends on the social network automatically.
Facebook video chat previously required a plugin to be downloaded and installed – a plugin only made available for Windows and Mac OS X.
As OMG! Ubuntu! notes, the switch to WebRTC-based video calling — the same technology Microsoft is using to bring Skype to the web — means anyone on any system can hook up to chat to their Facebook friends.
The only requirement is that both users are using a modern browser equipped with WebRTC capabilities (e.g., Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Opera).
How to Use Facebook Chat on a Chromebook
Now Facebook Video Calling works on a Chromebook, let’s take a quick look at how to make use of it.
First, open Chrome, go to Facebook and log in with your regular account information.
Next, find a contact in your chat list who is available to talk (and doesn’t mind you calling them). In the chat window click the ‘camera’ icon in the upper-right corner.
Clicking on this will begin the call and a separate window will open.
The first time you make a call you’ll be asked to “allow” Facebook to use your webcam and microphone. Click the ‘Allow’ button in the info-bar prompt to continue.
Facebook will now ring your contact. While you wait for them to pick up you can mute you microphone and turn your webcam off by hovering over the call window and clicking the appropriate button.
You’ll then be connected to the person you’ve called.
To end the call either click the red phone icon or close the window. That’s all there is to it!
Try it out on your Chrome device and let us know how you find the experience and call quality and whether it was worth the three year wait!
Question: Why can't I video call on Facebook Messenger?
I have been looking for different ways to chat with my friends and family. However, I want to be able to use one platform to do this instead of having to download or pay for multiple Apps. I have tried the video call option on Facebook Messenger but can't seem to get it to work. Why can't I video call on Facebook Messenger? I know it's an option so why can't I use it? It would be the ideal place for me to talk to all of my friends and family.
In these years, many people like to make video calls on Facebook Messenger to chat with their friends and families. However, just as the user above said, this feature would fail to work sometimes. Then why Facebook Messenger video calling not working? How can you solve this problem? Juse read on! This article can give you an answer! It will show you the reasons and solutions of this issue detailedly.
Reasons for Facebook Messenger Video Calling Not Working
Why Facebook Messenger video calling not working? The reasons for this issue could be various:
- Poor network connection: You should link your phone to a stable network or you won't be able to send or receive messages or make video calls on Facebook Messenger.
- Do not allow Facebook Messenger to access camera or microphone: To video call on Facebook Messenger, you need to allow Facebook Messenger to access camera and microphone in advance so others can see and hear you.
- The Facebook Messenger version is outdated: Some bugs of the outdated Facebook Messenger version might cause the Facebook Messenger video calling not working issue also so you'd better upgrade the application regularly.
You may also want to know:
How to Transfer Large Videos from iPhone to PC?
How to Transfer Videos from Android to Mac?
5 Ways to Fix Facebook Messenger Video Calling Cannot Work Issue
According to the reasons above, we can figure out several methods to fix the issue. The followings are the details about these means and you can go with the steps to try to get rid of the trouble.
Before fixing the issue, you are strongly recommended to transfer some important files like messages from Android or iPhone to computer for backup since unforeseen accidents may occur during the fixing process and your data may be damaged or lost.
Method 1. Manage the network connection on your phone
When you fail to video call on Facebook Messenger, the first thing you need to check is the network connection. You can simply check the status of the network on your phone or manage the network settings to refresh the connection.
1. You can switch between mobile data and Wi-fi whether the network has some problems.
Facebook Messenger Video Call For Mac
2. Maybe the Wi-fi you are using is weak or invalid so you can connect to another available Wi-fi to have a try.
3. You can also attempt to reset the network settings on your phone and then reconnect them:
- On an iPhone, you can enter the Settings App first and then continue to click the options General> Reset> Reset Network Settings.
- On an Android phone, you should tap on Settings App also but then need to go to Apps/Application Management> Settings> Backup and Reset. And then tap on Reset Network Settings and Rest Settings to confirm your option.
After resetting your network, all the Wi-fi that you have connected to before will be removed so you need to reconnect them or connect the device to some new wireless network. Once you establish the connection successfully, you can go to Facebook Messenger and try to make a video call to check whether the problem is fixed now.
Method 2. Allow Facebook Messenger to access camera
Before making a video call on Facebook Messenger, you need to allow Messenger to access the camera that the camera driver can work normally when you require a video call. To complete that, you follow the steps below:
- For iPhone users, you should tap on the Settings App first. Then in this section, you should select Privacy option and find the Camera in it. Next, you can tap on the Camera option and find Facebook Messenger from the list. Finally you just need to toggle on the button to enable the feature then Facebook Messenger can use the camera freely.
- For Android phone users, you can go to Settings> Apps/Application Management first. After that, you can see a list of applications that are installed on your phone are displayed on the screen. Now you need to find Facebook Messenger among the listed Apps and tap on Permisson and switch on Camera button.
Method 3. Allow Messenger to access microphone
Except for camera, you also need to allow Facebook Messenger to access microphone or others won't be able to hear you. Here, the method to enable microphone on Facebook Messenger is similar to the Method 2:
- If you are an iPhone user, you need to click the options Settings> Privacy> Microphone and toggle on the Facebook Messenger under this section.
- If you are an Android phone user, you should go to Settings> Apps or Application Management> Facebook Messenger and tap on the Permission option. Then you also need to turn on the Microphone.
Method 4. Re-login to your Facebook Messenger
Facebook Video Calling For Macbook
Maybe there is something wrong with your Facebook Messenger account so you can try to log out the account and then re-login to it to see whether it can fix the problem.
- To re-login to Facebook Messenger on iPhone, you download and install the Facebook App on your phone first. After the installation, you need to go to Facebook and tap on the hamburger icon at the right bottom of the screen to open the menu. Next, you can scroll down the page and select Settings> Account Settings> Security or Security and Login. Then you can see a list where you're logged. From the list, you should find out Facebook Messenger and tap the cross near it to log out the Facebook Messenger. Then you can login to your Facebook Messenger again.
- To re-login to Messenger on Android phone, you also cannot log out from the application directly but you can navigate to Settings> Apps/Application Management> Facebook Messenger> Clear Data to log out the App. Then you can click the Facebook Messenger icon on your screen to re-login your account.
Method 5. Update or Reinstall Facebook Messenger
The final way you can try to solve the problem is to update or reinstall the application on your phone. Here no matter you select to update or reinstall Facebook Messenger, you need to ensure that the newly installed software is the most recent version or the bugs caused by the old version won't be able to be fixed.
Here if you just want to upgrade the App, you can simply go to Google Play Store or App Store to update it. But if you want to reinstall the application, you should remove the App from your device first and then install a new one.
- On the iPhone, you need to find out the Facebook Messenger on your Home screen first and then hold down its icon till you see a 'X' icon appears. Next, you can simply tap on the 'X' icon to delete the software. Finally, you need to go to App Store to download and install the newest Facebook Messenger on your phone.
- On the Android device, you can go to Settings> Apps/Application Management> Facebook Messenger> Uninstall to remove it from your Android phone. After that, you can download the latest Facebook Messenger from Google Play Store and then go with the instructions to install it.