McBriare Samuel Lanyon (born Vernor Winfield McBriare Smith IV on April 30, 1990), better known by his stage name Mac DeMarco, is a Canadian singer-songwriter, multi.
This guide describes how to use iTunes Password Genius for Mac to recover forgotten iTunes backup password on macOS and Mac OSX.
Note: If you forgot or lost iTunes backup file password, here is the detailed steps for you to find out iTunes backup password easily on Mac.
Guide to Recover Encrypted iTunes Backup Password on Mac
- In addition to the Genius Bar for hardware repairs, you have more immediate support options. Get your questions answered by an expert via phone, chat, email, or even Twitter. From setting up your device to recovering your Apple ID to replacing the screen, Apple Support has you covered.
- The Mac Genius is a company dedicated to awesome Mac repair & support! Our Apple Certified Technicians are the best you'll find, and our prices can't be beat! MAC REPAIR Combining quality certified repairs with excellent customer support is our mission and specialty! That's why we've been in business for more than 5 years with hundreds of.
- Driver genius free download - Drive Genius, Genius, Digidesign CoreAudio Driver, and many more programs. Get USB WebCam drivers for Mac OS X. Free to try User rating. Publisher: IOXperts.
Step 1: Prepare iTunes Password Genius for Mac on Mac.
iSunshare iTunes Password Genius for Mac just could run on Mac. So please get it on Mac to install and launch.
1. After downloading iTunes Password Genius for Mac, double-click it to extract and a pop-up window would tell you how to install it on Mac. The trial version would help you to recover backup password no more than 3 characters.
2. Install iTunes Password Genius for Mac on Mac.
Just drag the icon of iTunes Password Genius for Mac on the left side to your Applications folder on the right.
Then iTunes Password Genius for Mac will be installed automatically and successfully on Mac.
3. Run iTunes Password Genius for Mac on Mac.
Click Finder and browse Applications folder. Then you could find it and click it to run on Mac.
Step 2: Import encrypted iTunes backup file.
The iTunes backup file of iPhone/iPad/iPod is called Manifest.plist. So the purpose of this step is to find and add the file named Manifest.plist to iTunes Password Genius for Mac.
1. Click Open File button on iTunes Password Genius for Mac.
2. On following window, you would be able to add encrypted iTunes backup file manually or latest backup of iOS device automatically.
2-1 If you are sure the listed iTunes backup is what you are looking for, just click OK button to add it to Encrypted File box. Usually default backup appears when you connect the iOS devices to Mac.
2-2 If it is not the backup you need to recover password. Just click Add File button and go to location of targeted iTunes backup file on Mac. If you have backed up your iOS device on this Mac, generally it is saved in default location.
Note: The '~' represents your home directory of Mac OS. If you don't see Library in your Home folder, or you cannot find the backup file in Library, hold on Command + Shift + G, and enter the default location in pop-up dilaog 'Go to the folder'. Click 'Go' button and open the folder where you can find iTunes backup file.
2-3 Select backup file. Click Open button and then OK to add iTunes backup file to Encrypted File box.
Step 3: Choose one of attack types and set it to improve recovery speed.
Four powerful password attack types are provided on iTunes Password Genius for Mac. In order to improve iTunes backup password recovery speed, it is necessary to choose the right attack type and make detailed settings.
1. Brute-force: set the round Range, Length of forgotten iTunes backup password.
2. Mask: specify the password length and several characters in right place in password, called Mask option under Range.
3. Dictionary: choose the dictionary file and find iTunes backup password from it.
More details about password attack settings, you can go for Office password attack type settings.
No matter which one you choose, Option and Hardware would always support multi-core CPUs and GPUs to accelerate iTunes password recovery speed. Set high priority for the iTunes Password Genius for Mac to run, and check to select all the CPUs to join iTunes backup password recovery. Password recovery speed will be improved largely.
Step 4: Recover iTunes backup password on Mac successfully.
Click on Start button now at the bottom and iTunes Password Genius for Mac will begin to recover forgotten iTunes backup password according to the settings you made above.
Instantly, a new dialog would pop up and show you the recovered iTunes backup password. Now you can copy password to unlock encrypted iTunes backup for iPhone/iPad/iPod on Mac.
Do you want to have a try to recover forgotten iTunes backup password on Mac now? Download it here for a free try.
User Guide of iTunes Password Genius:iTunes Password Genius User Guide
Featuring an easytouse interface, Drive Genius is packed with powerful tools such as a drive optimizer, a comprehensive repair facility for analyzing, repairing and rebuilding volumes, plus excellent testing capabilities with media surface scanning, performance benchmarking and data integrity checking.
It can be used to initialize drives, create and delete partitions, and erases them securely as per Department of Defense’s standard. Drive Genius can also hide partitions and duplicate volumes or drives swiftly.
Last but not least, Drive Genius features advanced tools for resizing and moving of volumes without reformatting, and sports a sector editing tool to modify the data on any sector of the drive powerful features that will satisfy even the seasoned Mac experts.
- Duplicate - Fast and easy volume or entire drive cloning.
- Integrity Check - Find problems before they find you with these comprehensive hardware verification tests
- Repair - Quickly fix corruption on OS X volume structures to get your damaged drive up and running fast
- Rebuild - Rebuild and replace OS X volume structures to regain access to files that have become lost or hidden
- Verify - Check OS X volume structures for possible corruption
- Fix Permissions - Reset OS X boot volume permissions to improve application performance and compatibility
- SMART Status - Read and display SMART diagnostic codes from your hard drive to avoid dangerous hardware failures
- Defragment - Get the most speed and efficiency possible by Optimizing your OS X volumes
- Benchtest - Make sure your hard drive performance is what it should be with comprehensive speed tests and graphical comparisons to other common configurations
- Surface Scan - Verify your hard drive’s reliability with a complete suite of non*destructive read verification tests for any drive or OS X volume
- Sector Editor - Fine tune all aspects of your system with direct, advanced byte viewing and editing of all data on your drives, volumes and files (for expert users only)
- Partition - Add, delete, hide, expand or shrink OS X partitions so you can organize your data more efficiently
- Shred - Stop prying eyes with DoD compliant (5220.22 - m) secure erase. Removes all traces of data from free space and deleted files on any device or OS X volume
- Details - In depth report of specifications and space utilization of all devices and OS X volumes
- Initialize - Easy, high level OS X formatting to prepare new hard drives for use on your computer.
- Time Machine backups are ignored by DriveSlim.
- Bug fixes.