GRID 2 Reloaded Edition is a racing game that expands on the scope of the original GRID. The game is set in a world of no-holds-barred racing, where you can take command of all manner of vehicles from muscle cars to sports vehicles. Each car has its own strengths. Here are the GRID 2 System Requirements (Minimum). CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4Ghz or AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400+ CPU SPEED: Info; RAM: 2 GB; OS: Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8; VIDEO CARD: Intel HD Graphics 3000 / AMD HD2600 / NVIDIA Geforce 8600.
Feral Interactive(OS X)
|Platform(s)||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, OS X|
|Release||Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360|
Grid 2 is a racing video game developed and published by Codemasters for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360. It is the eighth game in the TOCA series. On 25 September 2014, Feral Interactive released the Reloaded Edition for OS X.
The game includes numerous real world locations and cities such as Paris. It also includes motor vehicles spanning four decades. In addition, it includes a new handling system that developer Codemasters has dubbed 'TrueFeel', which aims to hit a sweet spot between realism and accessibility. Races do not include a first person cockpit view. The popular gamemode 'Drift' was shown in a gameplay preview by Codemasters.
Drivers are given certain cars before some race modes, and can unlock others through other vehicle challenges. Car liveries can be customised by the player, using preset graphic designs adapted with colours or varying shades.
World Series Racing
World Series Racing (WSR) is a highly competitive racing event that races on various tracks on various continents around the globe. It also features a mode called 'LiveRoutes' where the circuit track dynamically changes with no track map. It features race types including Race, Time Attack, Drift, Eliminator, Checkpoint, Touge, and Vehicle Challenges.
A player assumes the role of a new driver who is enlisted by Patrick Callahan, an investor, to help launch the WSR by challenging drivers of racing clubs. Winning races against drivers in established clubs in North America, Europe and Asia gains more fans for the series, and leads to drivers from those clubs agreeing to join the WSR.
In May 2013 Codemasters announced that there would be a single £125,000 special edition release of the game which includes a BAC Mono supercar featuring a Grid themed paint job and a tour of the BAC factory.
On 30 November 2013, Sony Computer Entertainment America announced that Grid 2 would be entered in the Instant Game Collection of PlayStation Plus so it would be free for the month of December. It began on 3 December 2013. On 1 May 2016, the game was available free to Xbox Live Gold subscribers through the Games with Gold feature.
Grid 2 also sponsored Matt Kenseth's #18 GameStop Toyota during a NASCARNationwide Series event at Dover International Speedway.
Grid 2 received generally positive reviews from critics following its release. Aggregating review website Metacritic gave the PC version 80/100, the PlayStation 3 version 82/100, and the Xbox 360 version 78/100.
On 17 April 2014, Codemasters released a teaser video suggesting a new game in the Grid series. On 22 April 2014 Codemasters officially announced a sequel, titled Grid Autosport.
- ^ ab'GRID 2 Reloaded Edition Rolls Out September 25'. Inside Mac Games. 24 September 2014. Retrieved 25 September 2014.
- ^'The Race Returns in 2013'. Codemasters. 8 August 2012. Archived from the original on 10 August 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- ^Welsh, Oli. 'Grid 2 Preview: No Assists Please, We're British'. EuroGamer.net. EuroGamer.net. Retrieved 6 May 2013.
- ^McElroy, Griffin (24 May 2013). 'Grid 2 getting a single £125K special edition, includes an actual race car'. Polygon. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- ^ ab'GRID 2 for PC Reviews'. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- ^ ab'GRID 2 for PlayStation 3 Reviews'. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- ^ ab'GRID 2 for Xbox 360 Reviews'. Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 30 May 2013.
- ^Mallory, Jordan (28 May 2013). 'Grid 2 review: DNF'. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- ^Good, Owen (20 April 2014). 'Teaser video suggests Grid sequel announcement on Tuesday'. Polygon. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- ^'GRID Autosport Announcement'. YouTube. 22 April 2014. Retrieved 21 September 2016.
- Kato, Matthew (8 August 2012). 'Grid 2'. Game Informer. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- Robinson, Martin (3 August 2012). 'Grid 2 teased by Codies'. Eurogamer. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Dale, Alex (8 August 2012). 'GRID 2: The sequel's finally confirmed - first play, first details'. Computer and Video Games. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Brown, Nathan (8 August 2012). 'Grid 2 announced'. Edge Magazine. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Boxer, Steve (8 August 2012). 'Grid 2 – hands-on preview'. The Guardian. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Stuart, Keith (8 August 2012). 'GRID 2 announced at last'. The Guardian. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Krupa, Daniel (3 August 2012). 'Codemasters Teases Grid 2'. IGN. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Gera, Emily (8 August 2012). ''Grid 2' officially announced with debut trailer'. The Verge. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- de Matos, Xav (3 August 2012). 'Grid 2 announcement teased'. Joystiq. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Walton, Mark (8 August 2012). 'Grid 2: Street Racing For The COD Addicted'. Gamespot. Archived from the original on 9 August 2012. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Kamen, Matt (8 August 2012). 'Grid 2: On the Right Track'. IGN. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Welsh, Oli (8 August 2012). 'Grid 2 Preview: No Assists Please, We're British'. Eurogamer. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Bramwell, Tom (8 August 2012). 'Codemasters responds to criticism about loss of in-car view in Grid 2'. Eurogamer. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (8 August 2012). 'Grid 2 announced with debut trailer and screenshots'. Eurogamer. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- Grid 2 at MobyGames
Feral Interactive says the racing game GRID 2 Reloaded Edition will be unleashed on the Mac Sept. 25. Developed and published by Codemasters for PC and consoles, it’s the successor to GRID.
When released, the game will be available for download from a variety of digital partner sites worldwide including the Feral Store, Steam and the Mac App Store. A Steam account is required to access online multiplayer features.
Here’s how the game is described: “GRID 2 Reloaded Edition features ‘World Series Racing’, a disruptive new racing league with big ambitions. Players are challenged to become WSR’s star driver and build it into a top motorsport by facing off against rivals in a selection of electrifying competitions. Nerve-jangling duels on mountain roads, drift events through the city streets of Paris, Miami and Hong Kong and high-speed races on renowned GP circuits are all part of the competition.
“GRID 2 Reloaded Edition contains all the additional content previously released for GRID 2, including over 20 additional cars by manufacturers such as Aston Martin, BMW and McLaren.
“The Steam version of GRID 2 Reloaded Edition supports cross-platform online multiplayer modes, including ‘Rivals’, which matches up drivers based on skill, and a stand-alone career mode where XP and in-game cash can be traded for new rides. All versions of the game will include head-to-head split-screen racing and support a wide range of third-party gamepads and driving wheels.”
GRID 2 Reloaded Edition for the Mac will retail on the Mac App Store in North America for US $44.99. Prices will vary slightly for versions of the game sold via other stores. The gamewill be available for download from a variety of digital partner sites worldwide including http://www.feralinteractive.com/, Steam and the Mac App Store.
Grid 2 Reloaded Edition For Mac Catalina
Minimum system requirements call for a 2.0GHz Intel Mac with at least 4.0GB RAM, 256MB or better graphics card, and Mac OS 10.9.4 or later. The game supports the AMD 4xxx series graphics card or better, the Nvidia 6xxx series graphics card or better and the Intel HD4000 series graphics card or better.