I have a great MacBook Pro with awesome retina display, but I mostly run Windows 7 on it through bootcamp. Given that I often have to make iOS related tests, and that switching back and forth between OSX and Windows 7 was quite painful, I decided to try to run OSX as a virtual OS within Windows instead of Windows as a virtual OS within OSX.
- Mac Os Still Waiting For Root Device Usb Type C
- Mac Os Still Waiting For Root Device Usb 3.0
- Mac Os Still Waiting For Root Device Usb Adapter
If you want to do the same here are the simple things you need to do
1. Open regedit to export a backup of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservicesAppleHFS and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservicesAppleMNT
2. Keep regedit opened and delete HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservicesAppleHFS and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservicesAppleMNT
3. Reboot and make sure the OSX drive is not visible anymore as D: drive
4. Run in command line “C:Program FilesOracleVirtualBoxVBoxManage.exe” internalcommands createrawvmdk -filename c:RawAppleDisk.vmdk -rawdisk .PhysicalDrive0
5. Open VirtualBox, create a new type “Mac OS X” with version “Mac OS X (64-bit)” virtual machine.
6. When asked to create a drive, select “Use an existing virtual hard drive file” and click the orange folder button, select the RawAppleDisk.vmdk that you created in step #4, it should be at the root of C: but you can move it anywhere you like before adding it to the virtual machine.
MacOS Sierra AMD Post Install 'Still Waiting For Root Device' HELP. MacOS Sierra AMD Post Install 'Still Waiting For Root Device' HELP. I am on the post install for Sierra the prob lem is I cannot installer the bootloader to it until its completely setup. Long time no see to this old friend called 'Still waiting for root device'. But with 10.5.7 the time had come again. As some of the tipps we compiled below helped us there is no warranty that it will help you. As the reasons for this funky brother are too indifferent. Used Hardware Gigabyte GA EP35 DS3 Gigabyte nVidia GeForce 7600 GT 256MB (Device ID 0x0391) HP w2207 TFT (w/ integra.
Mac Os Still Waiting For Root Device Usb Type C
'Still waiting for root device'. When booting from USB means that there is a problem finding a valid System folder to start up from on your USB flash drive. This is usually because the flash drive is in a USB3 port. If this is the case move it to a USB2 port, if it is already in a USB2 port move it to another and try again.
Mac Os Still Waiting For Root Device Usb 3.0
Et voila! Now your virtual machine should boot and run OS X as a virtual OS within Windows 7 running native on genuine Apple hardware
Mac Os Still Waiting For Root Device Usb Adapter
You can learn more about VirtualBox guest limitations for OSX here. And how to change the guest screen resolution here.