You have the option of starting your ownCloud desktop client with the
owncloud command. The following options are supported:
- Displays all command options.
The other options are:
- Opens a window displaying log output.
- Write log output to the file specified. To write to stdout, specify -as the filename.
- Writes each synchronization log output in a new file in the specifieddirectory.
- Removes logs older than the value specified (in hours). This command isused with
- Clears (flushes) the log file after each write action.
- Uses the specified configuration directory.
Free version available. Recommended for: encryption and document editing features. In this screencast tutorial I cover how to set up an OwnCloud Server on your Mac to replace some of the services that will no longer be available in macOS Se. Updating The Ubuntu System Repository for OwnCloud. OwnColud requires an updated and virtual.
- Get started with ownCloud, your secure cloud solution for filesharing. Install on your server or sign-up for our online service. 14-day free trial!
- The ownCloud application represents the client side of this system. Effortlessly connect to your ownCloud server and sync data between multiple devices. To be able to use the ownCloud application, you must first have access to an ownCloud server, regardless if it is hosted on your own computers.
The ownCloud Client reads a configuration file. You can locate this configuration files as follows:
- On Linux distributions:
- On Microsoft Windows systems:
- On MAC OS X systems:
The configuration file contains settings using the Microsoft Windows .ini fileformat. You can overwrite changes using the ownCloud configuration dialog.
Use caution when making changes to the ownCloud Client configurationfile. Incorrect settings can produce unintended results.
You can change the following configuration settings:
30000) – Specifies the poll time for the remote repository in milliseconds.
20000) – Specifies the maximum number of log lines displayed in the log window.
ownCloud Commandline Client¶
The ownCloud Client packages contain a command line client,
owncloudcmd, that canbe used to synchronize ownCloud files to client machines.
owncloudcmd performs a single sync run and then exits the synchronizationprocess. In this manner,
owncloudcmd processes the differences betweenclient and server directories and propagates the files to bring bothrepositories to the same state. Contrary to the GUI-based client,
owncloudcmd does not repeat synchronizations on its own. It also does notmonitor for file system changes.
owncloudcmd, you must provide the local and the remote repositoryURL using the following command:
sourcedir is the local directory and
owncloudurl isthe server URL.
Other command line switches supported by
owncloudcmd include the following:
- Specify the user’s login name.
- Specify the user’s password.
- Do not prompt for questions.
- Inhibits verbose log output.
- Trust any SSL certificate, including invalid ones.
- Uses the specified
serveras the HTTP proxy.
- File containing list of folders to not sync
owncloudcmd reads the client configuration and uses thecredentials of the GUI synchronization client. If no client is configured, or ifyou choose to use a different user to synchronize, you can specify the userpassword setting with the usual URL pattern. For example:
To synchronize the ownCloud directory
Music to the local directory
media/music, through a proxy listening on port
8080, and on a gatewaymachine using IP address
192.168.178.1, the command line would be:
owncloudcmd will prompt for the user name and password, unless they havebeen specified on the command line or
-n has been passed.
Connect to multiple ownCloud accounts with only one Desktop App to synchronize and access all your data
File manager context menu
Within the context menu you can access the key features like creating public and private links
Virtual File System
Transfer files to your hard drive only if and when they are being used with Virtual File System. Until then, they exist locally as placeholders
Automatic update reminders
The ownCloud Desktop App will remind you to install updates so that you are always on the newest version automatically
Access and sync files and folders, work on remote files right from the desktop.
Download the current ownCloud Desktop Client for older Mac OS X versions
Beta & testing
Discover our testing program with beta releases and test pilots
Download older versions of the ownCloud Desktop Client
Do you want to customize your ownCloud experience?
Adapt the ownCloud Desktop App to your organization’s needs and corporate identity or ship it with individualized settings for your users.
Our software-as-a-service offering, hosted securely in Germany. Ready in minutes.
Owncloud Server Setup
Access, share and edit files and folders on the go to boost your productivity on Android or iOS.