When an audio file you recorded or downloaded is not open or playable on a certain device, it's not absolutely corrupted as you doubt. Sometimes, it's the file format incompatibility that leads to the issue of a file not opening or playing. You can easily work out the problem by changing the audio file format to a proper one with the help of the best free audio converter!
Switch is an audio file converter for Mac. It can convert many different types of audio files into mp3 or wav format and more. Switch free, audio file converter, convert wma to mp3, cda to mp3 converter, free wma to mp3, free dss to wav converter, flac to mp3 converter, sound file converter, mp3 converter, aiff converter. Switch audio file converter is a fast and user-friendly way to convert almost any audio file. Just import the files you want, select the new format, and then click the convert button. Switch will then convert your audio file from over 40 file types into the format you need, including popular audio formats such as mp3, wav or wma files. In minutes, you can easily compress or convert multiple.
You can learn information about video converter for Windows 10 by clicking the hyperlink.
An audio file converter is one kind of a file converter that is used to convert one type of audio files (like MP3, WAV and BWF) into another type of audio files. In any case, you wish to modify an audio file format, feel free to download any one of the ten capable audio file converter software on Windows, macOS, Android or iOS.
Find the Best Free Audio Converter 2020:
What You Will See in This Article
#1. EaseUS Video Editor
EaseUS Video Editor is a freeware audio conversion utility that you can rely on. It's used to convert across different audio formats, split lossless audio files and extract audio from video files. More than just an audio converter program, it's versatile enough to handle sound, music, videos, images, pictures, and texts, mixing all elements into an entire masterpiece and exporting it to the universally applied file formats of videos (MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, MOV, GIF) and audios (MP3, AAC).
1. Super easy to use with a simple and wizard-like interface
2. Support the drag & drop way to import media files like a breeze
3. Able to extract audio from video and export the audio to MP3 & AAC
4. Able to turn a video file to audio, e.g. convert MP4 to MP3.
4. One-click audio format conversion through 'Export' without losing sound quality
5. Brilliant video editing features: add filters, overlays, transitions, and texts; cut/trim/rotate a video
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Supported Input Formats: WAV, MP3, M4A, FLAC, AAC, WMA, AU, AIFF, OGG and a lot more
- Supported Output Formats: MP3 and AAC
#2. Any Audio Converter
Powerful as the product name implies, Any Audio Converter covers the most important features of audio and video conversion with a logical user guide. It does well in converting Apple music, Audiobook, iTunes songs, Spotify and Amazon music between any formats for free. Though Any Audio Converter is free, it includes bundled extra software when you're installing it on your computer or Mac.
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS X 10.7 or later
- Supported Input Formats: Almost any audio formats
- Supported Output Formats: MP3, OGG, WAV, AAC, WMA, AIFF, CAF, AMR, RA, AU, MP2, AC3, M4R, M4A, FLAC
#3. Freemake Audio Converter
Another free, user-friendly and powerful audio file converter is called Freemake Audio Converter. It supports the commonest audio file formats and allows users to adjust the quality of the converted file. What's more, with Freemake, users can convert single audio files into other formats in bulk, and combine several audio files into one larger audio file as well. As we tested, it took about four minutes to convert a 630MB WAV file to a 26MB MP3 file, which is kind of slow compared with the other 9 converters.
In addition, in the free version of Freemake, you can only convert audio files that are shorter than three minutes. Otherwise, you'll need to pay for the commercial version.
- Supported OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Supported Input Formats: AAC, AMR, AC3, FLAC, M4A, M4R, MP3, OGG, WAV, and WMA
- Supported Output Formats: AAC, FLAC, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, and WMA
#4. Switch Audio File Converter Software
Switch Audio File Converter Software is a cross-platform audio conversion software, mainly for Windows, Mac, and Android. Customers like Switch because it is stable, easy-to-use, and comprehensive multi-format audio file converters for lightning-fast and quality conversions. The highlighted features that attract users from all over the world include:
- Convert or compress sound files in minutes
- Batch audio converter to convert many files at once
- Extract audio video files and other sources
Switch audio converter is free to download so it's likely to have all the freeware issues. According to some people, the free version seems to stop working after two weeks, and some security software might falsely identify the converter program as a virus.
- Supported OS: Windows 10, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1; Mac OS X 10.5 or above; Android version runs on 2.3.3 or higher
- Supported Input Formats: .3GA, .3GP, .AAC, .AC3, .ACT, .RCD, .RED, .AIF, .AIFF, .AIFC, .AMR, .APE, .AUP, .AU, .ASF, .AVI, .CAF, .CDA, .DART, .DCT, .DS2, .DSS, .DTS, .DVF, .FLAC, .FLV, .GSM, .M2A, .M3U, .M4A, .M4B, .M4R, .MID, .MKA, .MKV, .MOD, .MOH, .MOV, .MP1, .MP2, .MP3, .MP4, .MPA, .MPC, .MPEG, .MPGA, .MPG, .MPEG, .MSV, .OGA, .OGG, .OPUS, .PLS, .QCP, .RA, .RAR, .RAW, .REC, .RSS, .SHN, .SPX, .VOB, .VOC, .VOX, .WAV, .WMA, .WMV, .WPL, .WV, .ZAB, .ZIP
- Supported Output Formats: .AAC, .AC3, .AIF, .AIFF, .AIFC, .AMR, .APE, .AU, .CAF, .CDA, .FLAC, .GSM, .M3U, .M4A, .M4B, .M4R, .MOV, .MP1, .MP2, .MP3, .MPC, .OGG, .OPUS, .PLS, .RAW, .RSS, .SPX, .TXT, .VOX, .WAV, .WMA, .WPL
#5. fre:ac Free Audio Converter
Completely free and open source free audio converter and CD extractor for Microsoft Windows, Linux, macOS and FreeBSD, fre:ac Free Audio Converter supports for various popular formats and encoders. With fre:ac, you can easily rip your audio CDs to MP3 or WMA files for use with your hardware player or convert files that do not play with other audio software. You can even convert whole music libraries retaining the folder and filename structure.
- Supported OS: Windows, Linux, macOS, FreeBSD
- Supported Audio Formats: Converts between MP3, MP4/M4A, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, AAC and Bonk formats
#6. MediaHuman Audio Converter
Some of you are probably looking for a simple and straightforward file converter without too many advanced audio editing features and confusing interfaces, then MediaHuman Audio Converter is an ideal choice. Compared with the aforementioned robust and enhanced converter software, it's of definitely simple software with simple functions, include:
- Convert from or to a wide range of common and no-so-common audio formats
- Support well for iTunes. It can convert songs from an iTunes playlist, and automatically import the song into iTunes after the conversion
- Supported OS: Windows XP/7/8/10, Mac OS X 10.6 to macOS 10.15
- Supported Input Formats: AAC, AC3, AIF, AIFF, ALAW, AMR, APE, AU, AWB, CAF, DSF, DTS, FLAC, M4A, M4B, M4R, MP2, MP3, MPC, OGG, OPUS, RA, SHN, TTA, WAV, WMA, and WV
- Supported Output Formats: AAC, AC3, AIFF, ALAC, FLAC, M4R, MP3, OGG, OPUS, WAV, and WMA
Free Audio Converter For Mac
#7. VSDC Free Audio Converter
A fast, powerful, feature-rich and easy-to-use free audio converter. VSDC Free Audio Converter servers the main purposes to edit and convert audio files from one format into another. With VSDC, you can enjoy the convenience of converting local audio files and ones located online. In addition, it allows users to edit a song's information like album, artist, etc.
Only note that the setup files will attempt to install other programs along with the audio converter, which is upsetting.
- Supported OS: Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- Supported Input Formats: AAC, AFC, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, AMR, ASF, M2A, M3U, M4A, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, OMA, RA, RM, VOC, WAV, WMA, and WV
- Supported Output Formats: AAC, AIFF, AMR, AU, M4A, MP3, OGG, WAV, and WMA
Do you prefer an online audio converter? FileZigZag converts your files online for free, with support for documents, images, archives, ebooks, audio and video formats. To use the online converter to convert audio files, you simply drag and drop the files in the appointed area, or browse for files and convert in a minute. If you choose FileZigZag, you don't need to install software or register with email, you can convert files up to 2048 MB in size and achieve a balance between great quality and speed.
Though sounds perfect, FileZigZag falls down to the top 8 because of the limit of 10 conversions per day.
- Supported OS: all operating system that supports a web browser, like macOS, Windows, and Linux
- Supported Input Formats: 3GA, AAC, AC3, AIF, AIFF, AMR, AU, CAF, FLAC, M4A, M4R, M4P, MMF, MP2, MP3, MPGA, OGA, OGG, OMA, OPUS, QCP, RA, RAM, WAV, WEBM, and WMA
- Supported Output Formats: AAC, AC3, AIF, AIFC, AIFF, AMR, AU, FLAC, M4A, M4R, MP3, MMF, OPUS, OGG, RA, and WAV
#9. Free Mp3 Wma Converter
Free Mp3 Wma Converter is an easy-to-use application housed in an intuitive interface that doesn't include difficult options when converting the files. It lets users transform audio files like MP3, AAC, OGG, WAV, WMA very fast. You will be able to choose the output quality and the output folder as well. To convert an audio file, you only have to choose the songs you want to convert, the format and the folder where you want them to be stored.
Free Mp3 Wma Converter is able to finish an audio converter through a simple process, but installing it is a bit tricky, especially if you don't want to face some changes to your browser's homepage, toolbars or search engine.
Total Audio Converter For Mac
- Supported OS: All Windows
- Supported Audio Formats: WAV, MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, APE, FLAC, and MPC.
Switch Audio Converter Mac Crack
#10. Pazera Free Audio Extractor
Pazera Free Audio Extractor is a universal audio converter that you can use to convert media files of various formats. The interface is plain and simple, and with the 'drag and drop' and batch conversion allowed. In addition, you can split input files based on chapters in audiobooks, and it has a number of predefined settings for novice users.
Unfortunately, there is no help file available. Also, Pazera Free Audio Extractor was unable to convert an AVI video to the MP3 format.
- Supported OS: All Windows
- Supported Input Formats: AVI, MPG, WMV, MKV, MOV, FLV, RMVB, M2TS, VOB, MP4, 3GP, WEBM, DIVX, XVID, MPEG, MPE, ASF, M4V, QT, MXF, 3GPP, 3G2, 3GP2, 3GA, MKA, SWF (uncompressed), F4V, F4P, F4A, F4B, DAT, RM, OGM, OGV, AMV, DVR-MS, MTS, TS, HEVC, WTV, WAV, MP3, AC3, AAC, MPC, MPA, MP2, WMA, FLAC, SHN, APE, OGG, M4A, WV, AMR, AIFF, OPUS, CAF, VIDEO, M4R, MP4V, MP1, M4B, OGA, DTS, GSM, QCP, RA, VQF, THD, TRUEHD, TRUE-HD, DTSHD, DTS-HD, AVS, EAC3, TTA.
- Supported Output Formats: MP3, AAC, AC3, E-AC3, Ogg-Opus, Ogg-Vorbis, WMA, FLAC, M4A-AAC, M4A-ALAC, WV (WavPack), MKA-Opus, CAF-Opus, AIFF, WAV.
This review article has introduced 10 of the best free audio converter software for users of different devices and operating systems. As you've learned, some are Windows-based programs, some are cross-platform applications and some are online software with no need to download.
|Windows Programs||Cross-platform Applications||Online converter software|