TortoiseGit by TortoiseGit is an open source application that was designed as an interface for the popular Git version control system. Unfortunately, you can not download TortoiseGit for Mac, but luckily there are other solutions available on the Internet. Shell script and associated files needed to build a version of Cygwin git capable of using a CAC card for authentication. bpstahlman/cac-enabled-git-setup.
- Download for macOS. There are several options for installing Git on macOS. Note that any non-source distributions are provided by third parties, and may not be up to date with the latest source release.
- What is the best alternative to TortoiseGit? Here’s the Deal. The GUI components are flawless on the Mac. It is expected to be a similar experience on Windows. Once you realize that you can filter by branch, your appreciation for the product will go up dramatically.
The language packs contain no standalone localized version of TortoiseGit, you need TortoiseGit from above. Each language pack has a download size of 2-7 MiB.
|Language||Code||Completeness||32 Bit||64 Bit|
|Serbian latin||[email protected]||56%||Setup||Setup|
SnailGit is a TortoiseGit-like Git client, implemented as a Finder extension.
SnailGit allows you to access the most frequently used Git features, from the Finder context menu directly.
SnailGit also adds icon overlays to your Git working copies in Finder. It tracks your Git working copies and updates the icon overlays automatically, giving you visual feedback of the current state of your working copies.
In a few steps, you can start using SnailGit easily:
1. Enable “SnailGit Extension” in “System Preferences » Extensions”.
2. Clone a Git working copy with SnailGit (File » Git Clone…) or add an existing Git working copy to SnailGit.
3. Navigate to your working copy in Finder and right click to access SnailGit functionalities.
Q: There is no icon overlays / context menu for the files?
A: Please make sure that you’ve enabled “SnailGit Extension” in “System Preferences » Extensions”, and also make sure that you’ve added the working copy to SnailGit Preferences.
If your Git working copy is monitored by multiple Finder extensions, please make sure that SnailGit Extension comes first in “System Preferences » Extensions » Finder”, you can drag and drop the extensions to adjust the order.
If the problem persists, please disable “SnailGit Extension” in “System Preferences » Extensions” and then enable it again. The last resort is to relaunch Finder or restart your computer.
Q: What kind of URL schemes does SnailGit support?
A: SnailGit supports the following URL schemes:
Tortoisegit For Mac
Q: Does SnailGit work well with other Git clients?
A: In theory, SnailGit works with any kinds of Git clients that is compatible with Git 2.6, from the command line client to the GUI apps.
Q: Does SnailGit work for file managers other than Finder?
A: SnailGit is primarily a Finder extension, so it is likely that it will not work for other file managers.