- Wondershare Filmora9 (Filmora Version 9 for Windows, Mac) is an easy and powerful video editing software to edit & personalize videos with rich music, text, filter, element. Download Filmora9 and try OFFICIAL Wondershare Filmora9 Video Editor (Win & Mac) Download.
- Discover the free MAGIX video editing software which allows you to quickly and easily edit videos for free. Experience simple video editing and intuitive video processing. With our free trials, you can find out which editor best suits your needs. Afterwards, you can easily upgrade and download your software quickly and easily.
- Video Editing Software For Mac Download
- Video Editing Software For Mac Download Cnet
- Video Editing Software For Mac Downloads
- Download Video Editing Software For Mac
- Best Editing Software For Mac
Why do you need a free video editing software
As with any good video in order to get it right it’ll need some edits. Editing your videos shouldn’t be that expensive either as there are some good, free, safe and easy to use video editing software in the internet.
Premiere Pro is the industry-leading video editing software for film, TV, and the web. Creative tools, integration with other apps and services, and the power of Adobe Sensei help you craft footage into polished films and videos. With Premiere Rush you can create and edit new projects from any device. 7 free and easy to use video editing software. Some of the software listed below are all recommended for either both Windows and Mac. Openshot; Lightworks; iMovie; Windows Movie Maker; VSDC Video Editor; Avidemux; VideoPad; Openshot. Openshot is a great free video editing software for beginners who wants to edit YouTube videos.
Video editing has been made easy by tools that are readily available online. However, not all programs do what they're supposed to. A lot of such freeware packages are harmful and contain spyware/adware. Nevertheless, there’re a lot that are quite professional and there are even some that come without watermarks.
As there are so many on the market, we’ve put together a selection of 7 of the best free video editing software on the internet.
7 free and easy to use video editing software
Some of the software listed below are all recommended for either both Windows and Mac.
Openshot is a great free video editing software for beginners who wants to edit YouTube videos. It has a very easy drag and drop facility that is much like that of iMovie and it’s excellent for making special occasion films.
- The software is available for PC running Windows 10, 8 and 7. It’s also compatible with Linux and Mac platforms.
- It caters for both the novice user and the more experienced one.
- The program’s advanced timeline allows for panning, scrolling, zooming, snapping and easy drag and drop.
- The package comes with a whole trove of 3D animated subtitles, you can create titles or choose some from the hose of templates it has.
- The software is a full open source system.
- It doesn’t have a very comprehensive help section.
If you’re looking for a professional video editing system then Lightworks is one of the best on the internet. This software is jammed full of useful utilities and features that more meet the needs of any user. It comes with a $25 per month Pro Version but the free version is more than adequate for most people’s editing needs.
- Video trimming to the highest precision standard.
- It supports almost all video formats and allows for 720p video export to Youtube.
- It comes with all the standard and advanced video features.
- It’s one of the top packages for all kinds of video editing.
- The software is supported on Windows, Linux and Mac operating system platforms.
- The video support in 4K for YouTube is only an option in the paid Pro version of the software.
- It’s not user-friendly for a beginner.
As with most iProducts they’re relatively easy to use and come with just enough utilities and features. It’s a really great package in which anyone with a Mac can learn the basics of video editing. iMovie has easy to use drag and drop features, it’s very intuitive but there is only so much you can do with this software.
- It’s one of the best program packages for Mac users to learn how to edit a video.
- Its features are very easy to use.
- 4k/60fps Video Recording with the Sony IMX377 Image Sensor capturing high-quality video in full High Definition (HD) and 12MP still images.
- Available only on Mac.
- The software has limited features.
- Slow / sluggish rendering time.
Windows Movie Maker
Movie Maker is a hand free app that comes with Windows. It’s a very easy to use and simple piece of software that allows a person to add various background music, effects, titles and transitions to their videos. It has come a long way since it was first released.
- It’s a system application that comes standard with Windows 7, 8.
- Easy to use timeline for adding clips.
- Has all the basic functions like slow motion, speed-up, trimming, video playback preview, etc.
- Enables the user to edit and capture feed direct for the PC camera.
- Excellent for beginners wanting to learn how to do some video editing before going into a more complicated application.
- Only available on the Windows 7 and 8 platform.
- Limited functionality and features.
- Windows 10 no longer supports Movie Maker. For the OS you have to get Movie Moments from the store.
- People experienced in video editing will be limited with this application.
VSDC Video Editor
VSDC is one of the best apps. However, the problem with this application is that it’s only available for Windows users. It’s also quite expensive to get support on a problem because the free version doesn’t come with free support. The will charge you a monthly cost of $9.99 or a yearly one of $14.99. If you choose to buy the Pro version for $19.99 the support is free, and it unlocks a host of great functions.
- The software is available only on the Windows Operating System Platform.
- Although VSDC free version comes with some power packed features, it does lack in quite a bit of powerful features and functionality.
- VSDC comes standard with audio editing and correction of color.
- The software is really easy to use.
- Most of the features are available only in the Pro version.
- Support of the product is free only for a paid Pro member or if you pay for a month / a year.
If you’re looking for a software to learn how to edit, then this option is for you. It’s very easy to use and it has some great basic features and tasks. Avidemux is powerful in its simplicity and gives the novice user a great place to build the video editing knowledge.
- Simple video editing applications for beginners.
- The software hasn’t got a lot of technical jargon, you don’t really even need to read the manual or help documents.
- Few basic editing functions like filtering, encoding and easy cutting features.
- It’s really limited in its functionality and features.
- The app is not designed for anything other than the simplest video editing.
VideoPad is one of those small applications that end up being hugely surprising. It’s like a super version of Movie Maker.
- For use with most Windows Operating system platforms.
- Simple and has great features that are helpful for a beginner user.
- It has a lot of powerful editing tools that even more experienced user will find it good for video editing.
- The software is compatible for video uploads to media platforms such as Facebook and YouTube.
- It supports various video file formats giving a wider editing choice.
- The editor is completely free for people who are using it for non-commercial use.
- Handy drag and drop features for quick easy timeline video creations which is good for making special occasion film montages.
- It comes loaded with special video effects, features and filters.
- The software has several different transition setting.
- It doesn’t have as many special features and effects as some of its competitors.
iMovie is no longer free for Mac users to edit videos. So you need to look for other free video editing software for Mac (macOS 10.14 Mojave included) as alternative solution. No need to search around the internet, here you can get top 9 free video editors for Mac listed below that are sure to accomplish all your video editing needs. Edit a wide variety of video file formats to make them your own customized movie experience. Add effects, subtitles, music...you name it. When it comes to video editing, your creativity is the limit.
Top 9 Best Mac Video Editing Software You Should Know
#1. Filmora Video Editor (Mac and Windows)
Why settle for a simple and limited video editor when you can have it all? Filmora Video Editor brings all tools into one amazing program that enables video editing, and is also a video converter. Edit video and convert video at will, for virtually all formats available and a huge array of devices.
Whatever you need, Filmora Video Editor for Mac has it! Or, if you're absolutely just looking for a dedicated video editor, we also have the best solution. Try our Filmora Video Editor for Mac! The best video editor for Mac (macOS High Sierra included) in the market.
- Supports almost all video, audio and image formats.
- Makes amazing movies with 300+ new eye-catching effects.
- Allows you to add music to video or crop/trim/merge videos.
- Full compatible with macOS 10.6 or later including macOS 10.13 High Sierra, and Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Edit Videos on Mac using Filmora Video Editor for Mac
Step 1. Import Video
Open Filmora Video Editor for Mac and click on “Import” button on the home screen. Choose “Import Media Files” and select the video file on your Mac that you want to upload. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the video from your local storage to the program window.
Step 2. Edit Video
Video Editing Software For Mac Download
To edit the video, you need to drag the video to the timeline on the screen.
To cut the video place the pointers on the position that you want to cut the video and click on Scissor button. Alternatively, you can right-click on the video and click on cut or split the video. You can also delete the part that you have cut.
When you click on “Edit” once you right click on the video, you will get basic editing options appear on a window such as brightness, contrast, saturation as well as audio editing options like volume, pitch and noise removal.
For effects click, on the desired effects like overlay. Choose an overlay and drag it to the video. It will appear on the video once you play it.
Step 3. Save the Edited Video
After editing the video, click on “Export” button and select “Output” format. You can also opt to burn video to DVD, export online or save to a device. For Output option, just choose the output format and then select the destination on your folder and export file.
Editing videos on Mac with Filmora Video Editor for Mac is quite simple and fast. Moreover, this video editor for Mac allows you save and share files in different ways.
Avidemux is an open source video editor for Mac that will make encoding, filtering, and cutting a breeze. In comparison to other video editors for Mac, this video editor for Mac is compatible with different video formats such as DVD, MPEG, AVI, and many more. It also supports some audio formats including WAV, AAC, MP3,among others. If you are a beginner in video editing, there is no need to worry because it's very easy to use and will allow you to edit your video files without experiencing any inconvenience. Like all video editing programs, this tool is easy to install. It can also be downloaded easily. For first time users, there is a detailed tutorial provided. It also comes with advanced features that will provide total convenience for all users. However, for non-tech savvy people, you might find some of its functions confusing. But, with its user-friendly interface, you won't need to study numerous tutorials.
Blender is a free video editing software for Mac and free 3D rendering program, which features the best list of animation essentials such as modeling, rigging, interface, animation, shading, UV unwrapping, real time 3D game creation, and so on. This also has a pack of high-end interface that is loaded with intrinsic and useful tools. But, like most video editors, this has also pros and cons. When compared to some video editors, this video editor for Mac is a video editor that provides professional 3D quality that is available for free. It has a lot of features and ideals for every 3D enthusiasts, graphic artists, and designers. It is also versatile and lightweight. Unfortunately, beginners might experience difficulties when using this software. But, luckily, there is a manual that can help you make the most of it. Blender is also compatible with various versions of Windows.
Video Editing Software For Mac Download Cnet
Kdenlive or KDE Non-Linear Video Editor is an open source Mac video editing application. Its package is based on MLT Framework that focuses on easy to use features and flexibility. When compared to other video editors, this supports all formats, which are supported by the FFmpeg including AVI, QuickTime, FlashVideo, WMV, and MPEG. This video editor for Mac also supports 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios for NTSC, PAL, and some HD standards including AVCHD and HDV. The videos created with this software can be exported to a Device. Users can also write it on a DVD using its simple menu. Kdenlive is also compatible with Linux. But, make sure to check the compatibility of your system to avoid any issues. Most users like this Mac video editing software. However, others have experienced difficulties in using it because of the complexity of its interface. Nevertheless, the manual is of certain help for any doubts.
JahShaka is one of the Mac video editing tools that aim to become an open source, cross-platform, and free video editing tool. At present, it is in its alpha stage and supports real time effects rendering. It is best for every user who has not yet enough experience using video editors. But, professionals can also rely on this video editing tool. Unfortunately, JahShaka is still lacking some helpful implementations of numerous features including the non-linear editing system. This video editing tool was written with the use of Qt by Troll tech, but the user interface of this software is using the library of OpenGL to make the GUIs. This video editor for Mac is also compatible with Linux and Windows. Nevertheless, this video editing software has some issues. So, before you consider it, see to it that your system is compatible with the program's features to avoid any inconvenience and for you to use it properly.
#6. VideoLan Movie Creator
Video Editing Software For Mac Downloads
VideoLan Movie Creator is a video editor for Mac, which is different from VLC Media Player, but they are both developed by VideoLan Organization. The project was developed for playing videos and some media formats. This movie creator is perfect for everyone who wants a program that will provide convenience whenever they are creating movies and videos of high quality. The software is compatible with other operating systems as well. However, there are some issues that were experienced by many users. These issues include sudden crashes of the program. But, overall, VideoLan Movie Creator is a video editor mac that you must try, most particularly if you are just starting to explore movie creation or video editing. The interface of the movie creator is easy to use and simple. So, this just means that there is no need for you to learn more about it as it won't require special skills in order for you to use it.
Mac video editing tool that was developed by Apple for iOS devices (including iPod touch, iPad Mini, iPad, and iPhone) and Mac. Originally released in 1999 as an application for Mac OS 8. The third version of iMovie was only released for OS-X, but there are modified versions so users can use it properly. iMovie is best at importing video footage to Mac using the interface of FireWire or through USB. This video editor for Mac also imports photos and video files from hard drives. With this video editing tool, you can edit video clips, add effects or music. There is also included a basic color correction option as well as other video enhancement tools. Transitions like slides and fades are also possible. However, even if iMovie is rich in various features, the effects options are not really very comprehensive, when compared to other editors.
#8. Adobe Premiere Pro
Well, many people heard about Adobe Premiere Pro. This video editor for Mac is a professional Mac video editing software program, which also has Windows version. It is a part of the Adobe Creative Suite for designers and developers. It has both standard and professional features, but you will need some experience to learn working with it. People from all around the work use it because it allows them to perform a lot of actions.
Download Video Editing Software For Mac
Best Editing Software For Mac
Our last proposition for you is HyperEngine-AV, another free video editing software for Mac. You can capture, edit, and export audio and video files, and even to create quality DVDs with your movies. It offers you twelve studio quality effects, and you can also add info and credits, titles, or karaoke lyrics. We like it a lot because it comes with editable fonts, colors, styles, and many more.